School Parties and Snacks
- Snacks can help your child's meet their nutrition needs instead of adding unnecessary (and unhealthy) fat, sugar and salt;
- Food safety concerns; and
- Allergies and/or special diets required by some children.
Remember, each food item must:
- Have a Nutrition Facts panel and ingredient list
- Be less than 200 calories per serving
- Be commercially packaged
For additional information and to determine if the snacks you want to bring to school meet state requirements, use the Nutrition Calculator on the West Virginia Office of Child Nutrition website.